Friday, April 18, 2008

It's Friday and it's Raining!!!

What a dreary day. It has been pretty all week with warm temperatures, but today it is raining. It has been falling steadily since about 9:15am, and is supposed to do this all day.

On a lighter note, I purchased tickets for me and five other gals to go see The Great American Trailer Park Musical. Classy name, huh? It is a new show about agoraphobia, adultery, 80's nostalgia, spray cheese, road kill, hysterical pregnancy, a broken electric chair, kleptomania, strippers, and disco. It's supposed to be everything a musical should be.

We will see it next Tuesday night. I think it will be hysterical. This will be six women going to see this. No menfolk allowed. And I think I'm the only one who ever lived in a trailer, although it wasn't in a trailer park. It was attached to my husband's grandparent's house. How wierd is that? This little trailer had been attached to their house for my husband's great grandmother, so they could take care of her. When she went to live in assisted care, we moved in. There was heat in this little trailer, but no air conditioning. It was like living in a tin box in the hot sun. Let me tell you, I was almost cooked through and through by the time we moved out. Oh, and I was pregnant during the summer, so I was really hot. Maybe that's what's wrong with daughter #1. Do you think I actually cooked her before she was born? How did I get way off on this subject? Who knows. Anyway, I think the musical will be lots of fun.

What is your next fun thing to do? I have to know. Does this aversion to knowing all your business come from being the only girl in the family? I'm also a middle child, but then Ree at Pioneer Woman seems to have that niche tightened up, so I won't attmept to use that as an excuse.

Have a great Friday(and hopefully a dry one). Do something silly. Make someone laugh.

4 comments:

Mary Despain said...

What do you mean that could be what is wrong with me? There's nothing wrong with me, it's everyone else that's got problems. So how hard was it to get the kiddies to sleep last night after we left? Will was ready to get to our quiet house. We love our peace.

Flea said...

I don't think I could go see that. I grew up in trailers. *shudder*

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

That sounds like it would be fun to go see that!

Will said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog a while back. I really enjoyed your stories, too.

We Church of Christ'ers have to stick together!!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*