Saturday, June 07, 2008

Saturday's Ramblings

I told you a couple of weeks ago about my dissapointment in my Lace Cap Hydrangea. I had planted it about 5 or 6 years ago and it just had not bloomed. Oh, maybe one or two, but just not what I had expected.

I'd had people say they bloomed on old growth. I'd had people suggest I prune it back. I had tried everything with little luck.

This spring I had mentioned to my son(aka The Builder) that I wanted it pulled up along with some other shrubs that I'd grown tired of, and he said when he had time, he would get them out.

I think the hydrangea overheard this conversation, and began to shake and quiver and decided it had better produce or it would be thrown on the burning pile. It is now totally loaded with blooms, and of the several pictures I took of those blooms, this is the best.

I cut the grass Thursday afternoon when I got home. The Builder was planning to do it, but when I told him I was going to, he came over, got the mower going for me(I'd never used it before and didn't know how to start it). But I didn't do any trimming. All I have is an electric trimmer, and dragging the cord around is a lot of trouble. I went to Lowe's yesterday at lunch and bought the smallest gas powered trimmer they had that also said 'E-Z-Pull' start. I came home with the intention of trimming as much as I could, but when I drove in, I realized it had been done.

The Builder had beaten me to the punch. And boy, I was glad he did. Needless to say, the new trimmer is still in it's box. But I will need to go ahead and learn to use it. The Builder is getting ready to start their house, and he will have more than enough to do without having to do all my honey do jobs.

What jobs were you able to get out of this week? Did someone else do it for you, or did you put it off for other reasons? I can always figure out reasons to put things off.

Have a great Saturday. Do something silly. Make someone smile.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Got my company from Georgia coming is, so I have to get the house together. I have been so busy not ready for more company, but you know what??? They are here to see me not the house and how clean it is. Gotta run. Have a great weekend and remember the Belmont today Cheer for Big Brown if you would like to see a Triple Crown winner the first in 30 years. I will be. There is a Tulsa horse, but he should have won the Derby and ran in the Preakness if he wanted my vote!

IzzyBeth said...

I am going to get out of as many jobs as possible this weekend! :-)

Anonymous said...

After working all day, the last thing I want to do is come home and spend all evening in the kitchen. So we go out. That's the most common thing I get out of. Not that it's healthy. But, hey, we went to Subway one time. tee hee.

Robbin said...

Sweet son of yours! Do the girls pick on him as badly as they pick on each other?

Marge said...

Well, the past few days I got out of doing laundry and ironing by going in to visit my mom. However, if I want clean undies to wear to church tomorrow, I had best get something done today. And I'll still have time to go sit with mom for awhile, I'm sure.

Looking forward to more rain and thunderstorms here in Minnesota. How about you? I think enough is eough!

Marge

Tipper said...

I got the garden weeded. Your hydrangea looks beautiful!

Mary Despain said...

to robbin with 2 b's: we do pick on him, we just do it behind his back. He's kicked my butt more than a few times as a child so I know his wrath. We love him, but we love to be mean more!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*