Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oh What A Beautiful Morning!

I left work a little early yesterday. Bought gas, went by the bank, stopped at the Library to pick up the books I'd requested earlier in the week and went home.

I sat down to begin reading the first one, and read a little more than a chapter when I fell asleep. I guess I was much more tired that I realized. I woke up at 12:20AM the next morning, and went to bed.

At some point I dreamed about my dad. He came to see me and the little Princess. He played with her and told me how beautiful she was. She'll not remember his visit, but I don't think I'll ever forget it. Even thought it was just a dream, it seemed very real and that's the way I'll remember it. I've dreamed about him before, but I don't think I've ever remembered it so vividly. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the people we miss visit us in our dreams more often?

It's a beautiful morning here. It's cool outside, and there's some fog over the cotton field across the road. There's a big robin in the front yard pulling worms from the ground probably to feed her babies. My son came and cut the grass last Wednesday so that's done, and I'm going to pull a few weeds from my border of monkey grass. My beautiful clematis has finished blooming(I wish they bloomed all summer) and my lace cap hydrangea is in full bloom.

Summer is officially here and the heat is supposed to be back with us soon. But today is going to be wonderful.

I hope you have a great Saturday. Do something silly. Make someone laugh.

3 comments:

Robbin said...

Well, its nice to see you so chipper this morning! Glad you are feeling better. And I know all too well about those dreams and yes, they are wonderful. Hope the rest of your weekend is great. Happy Summer!

IzzyBeth said...

Yay - I'm glad you're feeling better!!!

Lisa said...

I am glad that dream gave you some peace. Sounds like having a good sleep helped you too. I bet the temps do heat up pretty soon and we will be screaming for rain once again. Have a great rest of the weekend!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*