Friday, February 22, 2008

TGIF

Thank Goodness it's Friday. Haven't we all used that phrase a kzillion times. I know I have, and every time I've used it, I meant it with all my heart.

It's been a crazy week weatherwise here in good old NE Arkansas. Very cold, and chances of freezing rain yesterday and today. It rained most of the night last night, but temps stayed just high enough that it was very very cold rain, and not the freezing stuff.

The Brunette granddaughter spent the night with me last night. She's such an interesting little character. She just turned four this month, and you'd think it was 24. She has sucked her thumb for the majority of her young life. Her mother-daughter #2-had told her that she would be a big girl when she turned four, and that big girls don't suck their thumbs. She even reminded her of it a couple of times. And she wasn't allowed to suck it at the school where she goes.

She had her 4th birthday, and became crabby, irritable and generally cranky and downright disagreeable. She cried, she whined, she clung and was impossible to make any kind of deals with.

Daughter #2 called the other night and mentioned that she hadn't noticed her sucking her thumb and that she had finally figured out that her bad disposition was a result of coming down off her thumb induced high. We hoped it would be over soon, and you know what, it seems to be much better. Last night she was easy to get along with, and we had a good time. We didn't have any trouble getting bathed, hair washed and ready and in bed. And she didn't even suck her thumb in her sleep. What a great kid!

I know how hard it was to get off caffine and processed sugar, and I'm 59 years old. She broke herself of this habit on her on. I've very proud of her.

No comments:

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*