Monday, February 18, 2008

15 Minute Increments

Have you ever given any thought to what you can do in as little as 15 minutes? I was reading another blog and the gal mentioned that she sets a timer for 15 minutes. She stays with whatever she's doing until that timer goes off. When it buzzes, she either re-sets it or moves on to something else.

I got to thinking about this. What can you do in 15 minutes? I started out with doing some straightening up--now this isn't deep cleaning, just picking up and putting things where they belong--a task at which I'm not too good.

I've started out this morning by working on my bedroom. All it needed was to get the bed made and dirty clothes picked up and the dresser cleared off. Well, I got that done and had a few minutes extra. Normally, I would have made the bed, but then gone off in some other direction. But this morning, I stayed 'on task', and now my room is done for the day.

I may be on to something here. I've never been very good at staying 'on task'. And I've read the joke that went around on the internet at one time where the woman says she is going to pay a few bills, and ends up doing a dozen different things and at the end of the day, she still hasn't managed to sit down and write out the bills. This woman seriously doesn't stay 'on task'.

I have the same problem, but I never seem to get anything finished. My house is always a wreck. My sewing room is a major disaster. But today, I'm going to try to stay with things for 15 minutes. Whether its cleaning, reading blogs, working or whatever.

I'll let you know how it goes later today.

1 comment:

Vintage Chicken said...

I don't think 15 minutes go as far as they use to...LOL... or maybe I don't move as quickly as I use to?

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*