Monday, February 25, 2008

My Sad Sad Sad Sewing Room

I've been sewing all my life, well almost. My mother taught me to hem floursack dishrags when I was about 9 or 10, and have been making things ever since.

I've only had the luxury of having a sewing room for the past 3 or 4 years. It's a 10 X 12 bedroom in my small three bedroom house. I also have my computer set up in this room where I occasionally get to work from home. And it attaches to my pc, which helps when I download embroidery designs.

But, alas, I have completely spoiled my little corner of heaven. I have piled and stacked and generally made a huge mess of my room and almost rendered it unusable. I think I need those people from Mission Organization to come in and tidy it up again.

Here are a couple of pics of just how bad it is. And the worst part is I'm supposed to be working on Easter dresses for the three granddaughters. The smallest of which should be finished this coming weekend so my wonderful DIL can get the kid's pictures made for Easter.

And so you ask, what are you doing sitting at the computer? I know, I know, I should be cleaning the clutter so I can get to work. Fortunately, if you've read my posts, you already know I work these days in 15 minute increments, and this is my resting 15. And I've got to do the smocking on the front skirt before I can do any sewing.

You may be able to tell that I've attempted to organize, but I think I'm just too overwhelmed. At any rate, I've got to get this mess cleaned up.

Wanna come help?

No comments:

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*