Thursday, February 21, 2008

I've lost my Debit Card

If any of you happen to find a green debit card from Regions bank, it's mine. Now I know that's not going to happen, but I can't imagine where it could be and I'm grasping at straws.

I really don't want to call the bank and cancel it because I keep expecting to run across it. I've gone through my wallet about a zillion times thinking I'm overlooking it. I've dumped my handbag upside down and shaken it. I went out late last night with a honkin big flashlight thinking it was down in my car seats or the floor of my vehicle. But alas! I'm not finding it.

Here's how the loss went down--I went to Red Onion to get gas and buy a lottery ticket(you see, I'm addicted to lottery tickets, but that's for another post). I pulled up to the pump and used my debit card to buy gas. While my gas was pumping, I went into the store and purchased my $5 ticket for 4 draws. While I was in line, I watched my pump, which is less than 10 feet from where I was standing. Paid for my ticket, went back outside, put the pump nozzle back got my receipt, got into my vehicle and drove home.

That was Tuesday night. On Wednesday after work, I stopped at SuperD to pick up a prescription. This is when I realized that my card wasn't in my possession.

I'm not one to get all whacked out about something like this because I usually find whatever it is I'm looking for. And I hate to call the bank and tell them to cancel the card. There hasn't been any activity on the card but the fact that the gas I bought hasn't hit it either is making me a bit nervous.

I guess my next option is to call the store where I last used the card and see if some good Samaratin found it and turned it in.

I'll keep you posted. Oh, and say a little prayer for me. I need all the help I can get. The mind is a terrible thing to lose.

No comments:

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*