Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Where Do I Start to Catch Up!

First let me say, I hope all of you had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. I hope everyone had time to reflect on those they have lost whether it be through war or otherwise. I always think of my grandfather and father who both served in WWI and WWII respectively. I well remember when they would be together and discuss the places they saw and their perspective of how it looked when each was there. I wish I had paid more attention.

I also think of my parents as well as those who served as parents to me through the years(and we all have them). They sacrificed so much to make us the adults we are today. We sang Precious Memories in closing our worship service Sunday morning. We do this each year and there's never a dry eye in the house.

As many of you know, I have been trying to function with a bad case of something. It involved congestion, fever, coughing and feeling very lousey all last week, but I didn't have time to stop and be sick. I'm feeling much better(Thanks to all of you who were concerned) and as you all know, time and tide wait for no man, so I had to gather myself up and trudge on.

We had 33 family members in my yard Saturday. We had great food, wonderful fellowship and no castrophies, if you don't count a few bruises, and a whack to the head by a softball

On Sunday after worship, my two brother's familes and mine went to the local catfish place and had all the fish we could hold. Then to the Holiday Inn where my younger brother and his family stayed. They had an indoor pool, and we sat poolside while the kids played in the water. We had the pool to ourselves most of the time, but then a group of kids came and played with ours. It was neat to see how they all interacted with each other.

On Monday, the tree men came and cut down 12, 40 year old pine trees from the peremiter of my property. We sat on the carport, took pictures and just watched them do the work. It took about an hour and a half. There will be a log truck come and get the logs, and we will burn the debris in about 10 days. We'll then spend the rest of the summer patching up and filling the yard. And hopefully by fall, get the stumps ground out. Hopefully, the pictures will show what went on.
This is what they looked like before.














This is part way through the process.





This is the last one coming down.




This is what it looks like now and will until we clean up the debris.














Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. Do something silly. Make someone laugh.

6 comments:

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

That is a really neat machine cutting down those trees. My dad was a logger for 40 plus years. I have seen a lot of trees come down.

Mary Despain said...

Oh no, now the neighbors can see us! GASP!!!

Tara Smith said...

It's gonna be strange to see them gone. But, think of how much easier it will be to mow without having to clean up pine cones first!

You should plant a whole row of Poplar trees. They're Jeremy's favorites. I think it's because they're tall and he isn't.

Lisa said...

Oh how sad to cut down such awesome trees. I'm sure you had a reason, but I hate to see those beauties come down. It sounds as if you all had a great time together and you should be so proud of yourself. Selfishly, I am glad it is over and you are back to blogging again. Missed you.

Marge said...

I was beginning to wonder if you were okay, so was glad to see your post today. Hope you are feeling better now. Blessings, Marge

Will said...

Welcome back, and glad you are feeling better. Hope that your classes went well. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Was it hard to see those trees come down? The pine trees my sister and I planted when I was 4 are still at the house and everytime I drive by there I'm amazed to see how big they are.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*