Thursday, May 15, 2008

This is an OFF Day

This is an off day. Do you ever have one of those? I thought yesterday was going to be one. About 10:00am, my nerves seemed quite frazzled. Not anything at work, not anything at home, just one of those days.

But I trudged on. And by lunch, I was fine. And by mid-afternoon, I was working on something that totally distracted me from my 'me' syndrome. After work, I had a quick meal with daughter#2 and the youngest of her two princesses. We went on to Bible Study where we are teaching kindergarden for this quarter.

By the time I got home around 9 pm, my spirit had been refreshed, I had put things into perspective, and I spent some quality time with the superhero(by the way, he's a power ranger this week).

But I got up again this morning in that somewhat frazzled state. I have to snap out of it. I spent a little bit of time yesterday trying to figure out what caused it, and I guess I'll spend some time today doing the same. I don't like feeling this way, and I know the old saying 'a person who tries to doctor himself has a fool for a patient' and I know you are saying, 'she's no doctor, who does she think she's fooling?' And that's probably not a very good attempt at a quote on my part, but you get my drift.

So, what's causing all of this? I'll let you have a try at a diagnosis. And daughters, I don't want any straight jacket comments from you. If you can't be constructive, just keep quiet--like that's going to happen. Listed below are a few potentially frazzle causing things going on in my life.

I'm working on a family reunion that will host-if everyone comes- about 56 people. This will take place on my lawn, under the pines. I wanted to furnish the meat with the help of my two brothers who drive a long way and can't bring dishes for potluck, but I'm worried that with the increased cost of everything that may be way too much. We want to have a good time, but not break anyone's bank.

My DIL and two children have been with me for about 3 weeks and have now found temporary housing while my son builds them a house, and I am already having separation anxiety. It's amazing how attached you get to these little guys so quickly.

Gas prices just keep going up. I drive 18 miles to work and another 18 home every day. Eat, go to work, buy medicine, keep a roof over my head. Which can I cut out?

Which candidate is the lesser of three evils for which I need to vote in November. I don't even want to go there.

What more can Myanmar and China have happen to them? They are expecting another cyclone in Myanmar and China keeps having aftershocks. And on the home front, when are we going to have another devastating tornado or that long overdue earthquate here on the New Madrid fault line?

Last but not least, could it be that I'm suffering PTSD from going into a storm cellar last Saturday when I have for years said that will never happen.

You know, I think I've hit on something--PTSD. I think that's it. Can I sue the manufacturer of that cellar? Can I sue the two guys who put me in it? Can I file for social security disability?

Probably NOT!!! I'm thinking I may be cured--Physican, heal thyself!! I think I have.

What frazzles you? Tell me about it, then maybe I'll feel better knowing there's someone else out there in the boat with me.

Have a terriffic Thursday. Do something silly. Make someone laugh.

5 comments:

Will said...

Sick children always frazzle me..I'd rather have thier sickness than try to help them through theirs. Wish the good lord had a "child sick" transfer button. Actually a cable that we could plug into the computer to get a diagnostic would be GREAT!

The other thing that frazzles me is any disruption to my very routine routine. That rocks my world.

IzzyBeth said...

OH MY GOSH. It must be in the air. I already posted my blog today and the title is pretty much the same thing!!! WEIRD!!!!

Marge said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog today. I totally believe when the Lord says "train up a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it." I've used that as my motto in raising our kids.....and I trust that the Lord will keep His promise!

Now to your blog today. Sorry you're feeling a big bummed....it happens, doesn't it? The thing that really gets me is when things don't go the way I planned. And why should they? We live in an imperfect world! But I'll get upset at everything when one little thing that I imagined going one way, goes the other! What makes me think I'm in charge, I don't know! Because we all know I'm not! None of us are.

Hope your day goes well, full of sun, smiles, and grandbabies!

~marge~

Mary Despain said...

OMG mother! Could you possibly find something else to worry about? Most of the things you listed you have absolutely no control over. And as for the 56 people at the family reunion, well you know what I think about that. You got yourself in that mess. Maybe you need some of those drugs you claim you DIDN'T take in the 60's. Then you just wouldn't care.

Robbin said...

Well Shirley, I WAS feeling pretty calm myself but now afer reading this post.....just kidding.
I certainly know days like that, just all seems a little overwhelming sometimes for sure.
Remember to take a deep breath now and then and count on that wonderful spirit of yours and your humor and you'll be just fine. (My mother and her sisters are hosting our family reunion this year too, with about the same number of people. And it is hard to do it where things will be nice without spending a fortune, which nobody in our family has for sure!}
Hope calmer more Unfrazzled days come your way soon.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*