Monday, May 19, 2008

I've Got a Cold in My Head!

One day last week, a blogger friend told us how sick she was with a cold. How she was stopped up, coughing, fever, aches and pains. Well, thank you friend, cause you passed it on to me.

When I got up yesterday morning, I had a tickle in my throat. As the day progressed, my ears began to itch and hurt, all the while, my throat got more and more scratchy. By the late afternoon, I had also developed a cough.

This morning, I'm miserable along with the fact that I coughed all night. I took cough medicine, and Hot Damm, which both helped, but needless to say, I didn't get a lot of rest last night, and I feel awful this morning. Would someone, please, feel sorry for me?

What do you think makes us sick with this kind of stuff? I know you are going to say, the germs are floating in the air. And I agree, but the germs are always floating in the air. What allows them to settle in at times and not at others. I have an opinion--you knew I did, didn't you?

My opinion is that most of the time we are able to absorb those germs without any adverse affects. However, there are times when our resistance is low enough for them to take hold and set up a base camp either in your lungs, throat or head. Well, the next question is what gets your resistance down? I think sometimes it is stress, and I think that is what allowed this Crud to take hold of me.

It's been very hectic around here for the last month. Getting the DIL and children settled in and doing my part to help make this transition easy for them. She's been stressed about everything, the new job, the off site training, having to live with her MIL and trying to find temporary quarters while my son(The contractor), builds them a house. Daughter #2 and her family moved this weekend also, which I wasn't directly involved with that, just knowing they were in process, was on my mind, and then we celebrated my grandson's birthday Saturday with a bowling party, and back to their house for food, cake and ice cream.

And so I'm feeling cruddy this Monday morning. It's beautiful outside and I need to get out there and get busy.(I'm off part of this week). There are lots of pine cones to rake up and get rid of, I've got to get the meat ordered for Saturday, and get some house and yard work done. What I'd really like to do is drink a bowl of chicken soup, go back to bed, and stay there for about 3 days.

What would you really like to do this morning? I definitely need to know. And I won't tell anyone, really, I won't.

Have a great Monday. Do something silly. Make someone laugh.

4 comments:

Robbin said...

Oh Shirley, I'm sorry you feel so rotten. And the timing couldn't be worse, isn't that just the way it goes? Try to get some rest anyway.

Mary Despain said...

I think you should have a pine cone picking up party Saturday before anyone can eat. Just think of how fast they'll get picked up! By the way, we'll be late.

Will had a great time for his birthday and can't wait for Thursday. THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! I'm ready for to school to be out too. I'm not sure why. I guess I'm just excited for him.

IzzyBeth said...

I agree - stress always does it to me!

I am sorry you're feeling lousy - I'll pray for you to feel better really soon!!

Lisa said...

I can not believe you are sick NOW. that is just crazy. It never fails with the timing thing. And yes, you have had a lot going on, you probably are running on fumes and then you were around a bunch of people. One of them probably gave it to you. The nerve.
It is late already, and I am just now getting to read my blogs. I will have the grandbaby for another few days.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*