Thursday, May 08, 2008

Brown Sugar Banana Muffins


I found a recipe on Tastespotting yesterday, actually two, but one was for these muffins. I already knew I needed to use up the two bananas that were too ripe for my enjoyment, and I knew I had everything needed in this recipe.
If you've never been to Tastespotting, use this link and visit. Anyone can leave their recipes there. Pioneer Woman has some of hers posted.
After I got the little princess to bed, I made them. You know when you make anything from a 'mix'(I know a lot of people think that's a cardinal sin), but anyway, you usually use one bowl. This took three(thank heavens for dishwashers). But they turned out very well. Don't they look yummy?

The recipe doesn't call for nuts, so I left them out. But when I make them again, I will put nuts in them. They are very moist and have a really good taste to them. Next time I make them, I'm going to do them in mini size so Superhero can have them for breakfast. He's really into him some muffins. Here's the recipe.

Brown Sugar- Banana Muffins

Extra moist and full of flavor...

½ cup butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
¼ cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2¼ cups flour
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cup pan.
2 Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
3 Stir together mashed bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition (do not overbeat). Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
4 Bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans immediately, and cool 10 minutes on wire racks.

Yield: 12 muffins
Have you baked anything wonderful for your family lately? If so, I'd love to know what it was and might even try it.
PS Thanks to everyone who voted for Tara's clematis. She's my daughter#2.
Hope you are having a dry Thursday(we aren't). Do something silly. Make someone laugh.

6 comments:

Mary Despain said...

I baked a pizza last night! Does that count?

Mary Despain said...

BTW you spelled dilema wrong. Just thought I should pont that out.

Robbin said...

I love Muffins. The only thing is I need a good healthy hearty recipe and I had one once made with whole wheat flour and oatmeal and buttermilk. ANd nuts. But I can't find that dang recipe anywhere! THese sound yummy, I might just have to try them.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Mary, you spelled "point" wrong. Just thought I'd "pont" it out.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Yum!!!! Those look delicious.

Lisa said...

Yum Yum, one of my very favorites. Thanks for sharing.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*