Monday, July 13, 2009

Late Post On Monday

I meant to post something early, but other things(like work)kept getting in the way, and then the old timers kicked in and I just about forgot.

I hope you had a great weekend. We got some much needed rain Saturday night/Sunday morning along with some thunder storm activity. Fortunately, there was no damage other than a few ruffled tree branches here and there.

I spent some time talking with a friend yesterday. We talked about how we sometimes impact other people without having any idea we did so. Something we thought was just an ordinary act done in ordinary circumstances may very well mean a lot to someone. It may be easy for us to remember a particular thing someone did or a kindness they showed to us, but we often don't think about what we've done for others, and I guess if we thought about those things, we'd be sorta patting ourselves on our own backs. But I hope that I have made a difference in someone's life. Probably not a life-changing event, but just some little kindness that caused them to think about something differently or maybe they passed it on to someone else.

I'm not good at expressing my feelings for the people in my life that I care about. I tell the grandkids I love them all the time, but I don't tell the other important people in my life. My son is good about telling me he loves me when we talk on the phone, and I appreciate that a lot. I need to do the same with my daughters. And I'm going to start.

Is there someone you need to remind that you love them, or someone you should thank for making a difference in your life. Maybe if we all did these things, it would be a nicer place to live.

I hope you have had a great Monday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

2 comments:

Mary Despain said...

Does this mean when you find out about my new tattoo you'll still love me? I would still love you if you get one.

Twisted Fencepost said...

So true! We should all love eachother a little more and show it, too.
What I love is when we naturally do nice things for people just because it's who we are and in turn it effects someone in a positive way.
One of my mottos is....God put us on this earth to take care of eachother.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*