Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I'm Thick, Are You Thad?

Unless you read the title of my post with a lisp, it won't make much sense, but that's my sense of humor.

I had what I thought was an upper respiratory infection last week. My co-workers had it and had been diagnosed with it, so when I got the same symptoms, I decided that's what I had. I self medicated with a ZPak, and by Thursday, I felt pretty good.

In fact I felt good Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I even cooked all day Saturday, but when I woke up Sunday Morning with a throat so sore I could hardly swallow, I knew I was in trouble. I went ahead and got ready for church, but by 7:45, I was back down for the count. By noon, I was running a low grade temp and couldn't get warm. But do you think I gave any thought to going to sick call? It never even crossed my mind--even after I looked at my throat and realized it was covered with white spots.

Monday morning I called my Dr, but couldn't see him until 4 that afternoon. So I patiently waited and was in his office by 3:30. He verified that I had a strep infection, told me to start another ZPak and if I still had a sore throat when those were gone, start 5 days of Amoxicillin, which I don't think I'm going to have to do.

The yucky stuff has just about all gone from my tonsils, and except for a cough, I'm feeling much better. I may even get to celebrate the 4th with my family.

Hope you are having a better summer than I am. Pray for our country. Love one another.

3 comments:

Lena . . . said...

If you're thick, I'm vewy, vewy thad. Glad you're feeling better.

Vintage Chicken said...

So very glad you are starting to feel better!

Have a wonderful July 4th weekend!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Glad you are feeling better and ready for the celebrations!
I hope your summer gets better, too!!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*