Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood

I'm starting a new exercise program today. As many of you know, I work on a college campus. One of the exercise science classes that prepare students for physical therapy needs guinea pigs. I'm going to be one of those.

We start today at 11:oo. I don't like to exercise. I hate to walk, but I have some health issues that need me to exercise in order to help keep them under controll. Being diagnosed with Type II Diabetes a couple of years ago, I am having problems keeping my sugar levels where they need to be. I work with a diabetes educator, and she has helped a lot, but I know that if I were exercising regularly, it would help those numbers go down dramatically.

Today we will just complete paperwork and get acquainted with our trainer, and will begin in earnest tomorrow. I can hardly wait.

Do you exercise regularly? If so, tell me what you do. Perhaps it will encourage me.

Hope you are having a great Tuesday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

5 comments:

Mary Despain said...

Is this the same type program you did before? That's great. I wish there was something like that here for me to do. Have fun with it!

Leslie said...

You go, girl! Wish I could say I exercised faithfully but I don't. I really need to get motivated to a least do more walking. Hope it goes well for you.

Debra said...

I do love to walk, but I've not been very faithful. My New Years resolution to walk a marathon is all but a very distant memory. Good luck with the class and keep us updated!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

water areobics... yeah when i make myself go ... are excellent!

Vintage Chicken said...

I enjoy exercising, but I just can NEVER find the time to go! It always seems like there's so many other things that take priority over my health - and that is getting old -FAST!

I really need to get back into some sort of routine ....keep us updated on your progress!

Hope it all goes well! You are smart to take advantage of such a wonderful program that is so convenient to your job and great for your health!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*