Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Great Toilet Paper Delima

White Cloud has been my tp of choice for many, many, many years. When I had a family at home, I bought whatever was on sale, but as the number of hiney's in my household dwindled, I went back to my absolute favorite. It was soft, it was absorbant, it was sturdy, it was just the best.

A few years ago the Wal-Mart company bought the White Cloud factory and gained sole rights to where it was sold. Guess where they chose to sell--you got it--Wal-Mart only. Not Sam's or any other of their holdings, just Wal-Mart.

If you know me, and many of you do, you know that I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague. But if I wanted my beloved favorite tp, I had to make a couple of trips a year to their store.

I can now honestly say, I have no reason to go there any more. THEY HAVE CHANGED WHITE CLOUD. I bought a 24 pak a week or so ago, and when I picked it up, I thought it felt different, but wanting to get out as quickly as possible, I didn't pay close enough attention. But when I put the first roll on the holder, I knew right away something was definitely different. The first thing I noticed was how it was rolled. Not snug like before, but loose so as to make the roll the same size as it was before. Then the first use made me very aware it had been changed. I won't go into detail, just trust me, it was different.

So today, blog friends, I need some advice. I have to fine a new tp. What is your favorite brand?

Hope you have a terrific Tuesday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

10 comments:

Vintage Chicken said...

Ya' know... we are a divided household! I'm not too picky about TP, I'm just more worried about our septic system and try to buy according to it's recommendations... but my Husband - well he will wipe with nothing BUT Charmin!!! YIKES!!! Have you priced that stuff? It's like rolled gold!

Anyway, I'm sure you can tell where this is heading - yep - I buy Charmin for the master bathroom and I buy the cheapie stuff for the kids' bathroom - they don't have a clue yet! LOL

Good luck on your search for TP!

Lena . . . said...

Charmin is my choice too - but Amy's right - it's like rolled gold.

Memaw's memories said...

I may have to lower my standards if Charmin is too expensive.

I just get so mad when they take a product and rip it apart and still expect you to buy it.

Mary Despain said...

Cottonelle & nothing else!

Flea said...

Stink! I avoid WalMart if at all possible. I buy Scott. It's not so soft & fluffy, but it lasts forever.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

angel soft is all we use...

Tara Smith said...

We buy "so soft" from Dollar General. Cheap and we like it as well as anything at Wal Mart.

Tipper said...

I use whitecloud-and I'm afraid to tell you-but I do buy it at walmart : )

Twisted Fencepost said...

Charmin is hard on the septic system. My in-laws found out the hard way. They had to have it pumped.
I like Cottonelle. And haven't had a septic problem.

~ Sil in Corea said...

Scott used to be good until Chainsaw Al destroyed the company. The brand-name got sold to some cheapo outfit.
With a 110 gallon septic tank, most TP goes in the lined wastebasket. It has to be very gross to get flushed. I like Cottonelle, too.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*