Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Exercise - Day 1

I met with my personal trainer today at 11:00. He is a grad student from India and he insists on calling me Maam. I'm not used to such politeness, but he's cute and sweet. He is from Southern India and says I should visit sometimes, it is beautiful. Wonder if he will put me up when I go. I told him I had never been abroad, just to Mexico, Grand Cayman andJamacia. But I have my passport and can go visit his home at the drop of a hat.

We did testing today to see what I was able to do. I can't do much, but it took a while. He weighed me and measured to see how tall I was. Measured around my waist, chest and hips and upper arm. Then we got down to some serious work. I did 4 push ups, 8 very limited crunches and walked 6 minutes on the tread mill at the rate of 1.7(don't laugh, it's not funny, you are hurting my feelings). By this time, I was totally drenched in sweat, my hair was stuck to my head, and I'm sure I don't smell too good.

Tomorrow we will do another couple of tests and then we will get down to business. Now if I can get out of bed tomorrow, that will be good.

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

2 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

No laughing here!
Hang in there....it'll get easier!

Vintage Chicken said...

I will admit I laughed, but only because I can completely identify with you! I really do understand how frustrating it is to realize that you can no longer do as much as you use to be able to do. I hope Day 2 is better and that you can still walk and move over the Weekend. Remember the 3rd day is supposed to be the worst!

Hang in there!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*