Thursday, July 16, 2009

Exercise Log Day 2

I made it back to meet with my new personal trainer. We finished our testing today and afterwards I walked on the treadmill again and actually got my heart rate up to 120. He said that was good.

The testing we did today was to see how much I could bench press. The bar alone weighs 45lbs, and by the time I could lift no more, he had 150lbs on it. Can you believe that. I'm stronger than I thought. Then we did something similar for my legs. I sat in a cockpit type thing and pushed with my legs. I can push almost 200lbs. He said I did great. Great being a relative term I'm sure.

He probably thought this old fat woman wouldn't be able to do anything, but I gave it a try and actually think I surprised both of us.

Then I walked on the treadmill. I actually liked doing that. If I had room for one, I think I might actually use it. Problem is, I don't have a clue where I'd put one.

I won't meet with him again until Tuesday, but I need to keep walking, so I guess when I get home tomorrow night after going to eat pizza with my kids, I'll need to walk. And then again on Saturday and Monday.

I hope you are having a great Thursday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

4 comments:

Mary Despain said...

Is the Exercise Log anything like the Captain's Log from Star Trek?

Tara Smith said...

Or does exercise log even remotely resemble a peanut butter log? If not, count me OUT!

Lisa said...

I am proud of you to start this. I wish I had someone to go with me to either walk or workout or something. thinking when I moved "home" someone would do this stuff with me....WRONG! And I hate to do it by myself! But I am going to have to SOON!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Wow, bench pressed 150 lbs.!
Way to go.
Keep up the walking, you'll start feeling better and better all the time.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*