Monday, July 06, 2009

Great Holiday

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July holiday. My family and I celebrated on Friday night, July 3rd with a fish fry followed by lots of fireworks. We all had a great time. All except the little princess. She said the fireworks 'freaked her out'. Her mama took her inside away from all the noise. The rest of the kids enjoyed them completely.

Everyone scattered on the 4th. Daughter #1, her youngest son and I met at Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast. I then went home and stayed there until Sunday. Daughter #2 and her family spent the day with her in-laws, and I haven't heard from them, so I don't know if they made it through the weekend or not.

Son and his family cooked out with the neighbors and had another fireworks display Saturday night.

All in all, I think everyone had a great time.

How did you celebrate? Hope there were fireworks in your plans.

I hope you are having a wonderful(cooler here)Monday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

3 comments:

Flea said...

My middle child has always been sensitive to loud noises. We probably should have taken that under consideration before dad took him to the funny car races ...

Mary Alice said...

We didn't have fireworks...but we did have a great time on the lake...and caught lots of bass.

Twisted Fencepost said...

We had food, friends, family, fireworks and a dip in the pool. We had a great time. Glad you did too!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*