Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Did You Watch?

Did you watch the celebration of life for Michael Jackson yesterday? I caught parts of it on the internet and was quite touched at the glimpse into the personal life of the family and their friends. In spite of everything, they did have some parts and pieces of childhood.

We the public only get to see what the media allows of people who are in the spotlight. We forget they have 'normal' lives. When they are at home, they go through the same routines we go through. Someone has to make breakfast, someone has to do the laundry, someone has to mind the kids.

His life is over. A new phase will begin for those touched by him. Lots of questions to be answered over the next several years. Where will his final resting place be? Who will take care of his children? What will happen to his estate? Hopefully everything will work out to the children's advantage.

I know people are tired of seeing nothing but coverage of Michael's death on tv, but it will subside over the next few days and things will get back to normal, or until someone else takes the spotlight.

I hope you are having a great Wednesday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

1 comment:

Twisted Fencepost said...

No, I didn't watch it.
I think death is a private thing for family and friends. It shouldn't be glamorized.
Although the memories are great, it's just private.
Maybe I'm too old fashioned.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*