Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

It has been a beautifully, wonderfully, excitingly, gorgeous day here in NE Arkansas. I wish you were here and we were all outside enjoying it. There isn't a cloud in the sky. There's a light breeze blowing and it would be absolutely grand to be in a hammock somewhere between two trees.

At night, the temperature has been cool enough that you can sleep with your windows open. You get to hear all the night sounds(and where's that mockingbird when you want to listen to him sing?) We've had a lot of what we call dry flies singing lately too. They are just a constant high pitched buzz. I noticed one had bitten the dust this morning as I left for work. He was lying belly up on my front porch.

I failed to rise and shine as early as usual this morning. Slept right up until that alarm went off. I knew as soon as I woke up there was something I was going to do before work this morning, but couldn't think what it was(what else is new?)

I did make it to work though, and it has been a busy day. Meetings this morning and a hectic afternoon in view of the fact that I couldn't find my sick list I was supposed to update for class tonight. But that's what I get for procrastinating. If I had attempted to take care of it on Monday, I'd have realized that I don't have my Bible, and that I needed to make a concentrated effort to find it.

I didn't find it in my car. I drove home and it wasn't there. I went to the church building and it wasn't there, so with the help of a friend, we worked on the old one, and hopefully got it up to date enough that we can use it. Maybe by Sunday I will have found the old one and my Bible, and can have a more useful one by then.

What have you procrastinated on this week? Maybe something you should have done last week?

Hope you are having a great Wednesday. Love one another. Don't forget Bible Study tonight.

3 comments:

Debra said...

Oh Memaw, I procrastinate about everything these days!

My memory is bad too!

And I'm JUST 55!

Anonymous said...

I procrastinated about putting up some pears someone gave me-but I finally got it done!!

We are enjoying the cooler weather too.

The Park Wife said...

It is beautiful in my part of the state too!

I have 2 little ones and a husband so if it does not have to do with them, I usually procrastinate in getting it done. Actually, I have had problems leaving comments here for a while and procrastinated in finding the problem. I opened it in Firefox instead of Internet Explorer and voila! it works fine!
The Park Wife

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*