Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring and I Wish I was Snoring!

Oh, how I wished I could have stayed home in bed this morning. When I got up, I could hear the rain on the vent pipe for the water heater in the laundry room.

I opened the front door and saw it was raining that slow rain that we love to have in the summer, but it looked cold, like it does in the winter. I think the high today will be in the upper 50's. The rain is supposed to move out around lunch.

When I look at the rain, I wonder what kind of winter we will have. I hate wearing coats, and fortunately I only walk a few steps to the building in which I work, so a heavy coat is usually not necessary. And in this part of the country, it may be pretty cold in the morning, but by noon, you have to start shedding some of those warm clothes.

It's unusual for me to even wear turtlenecks with long sleeves. But, I look forward to the cold nights when I can bundle up, turn the heat down and snuggle under the covers with a good book.

We are going to see 'Night's in Rodanthe' tonight in honor of Janet's 60th birthday. I've read the book and will offer a review of how I think the movie compares to the book. I absolutely loved the book. But then I'm a fan of Nicholas Sparks(The Notebook, Bend In the Road, Message in a Bottle)

How is your day going? Did you have to get up and go to work or get to stay home and have coffee?

Have a fab Thursday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

6 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love Nicholas Sparks too and am in the middle of his latest one "The Lucky One." I can't read today though because I have 5 high school girlfriends (class of '64) coming for the weekend and I'm cleaning house. Not much cleaning 'cause they are good friends, not company, but you know you have to do bathrooms and change sheets. :) Won't that be fun! Our high today is supposed to be 65 and the rain has passed so it's a completely gorgeous day - you can see God's hand on all the trees. blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

I'm a Nicholas Sparks fan too-but haven't read the book-I'll have to put it on my list. I guess your rain is headed my way-supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the show.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i love nicholas sparks too... have quite a few of his books and have been very pleased with most of the movies and how well they stay true to the book.
I love to sleep when it is raining!
Hugs and have a wonderful blessed day!
laura

Tammy Brierly said...

We need rain badly, so send it my way. ;) I can't wait to see that movie. I'll keep my eye's open for your review. HUG

Lisa said...

I love cold rainy days and of course we had our yesterday. But today was cold and cloudy so it was a great day to stay inside and do nothing. Saturday is suppose to be a really nice day, and I have pictures to take so that will be nice!

Robbin said...

We've got that weather this morning Shirley. Same with me, I seldom wear a coat but this morning I've got to go get a shot and I think a coat has to be worn.
I want to see that movie too. Richard Gere man he just gets better and better looking. Have fun! AND yes, I'll look for the review as well.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*