Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Can't Find Anything To Say

If you read my blog, you may have noticed that I haven't posted in a few days. That's because I have absolutely nothing to say of any importance. I'd like to rant and rave about the political scene, but refuse to go there in this place.

Nothing of any consequence on TV to discuss, so that's out. Haven't been to a good movie lately, so nothing new to report there, so I'm just out of anything to talk about.

I seldom have an original thought or idea. So nothing new there--duh!

I will have a picture of the jumper I'm making for Princess #1 when I get it finished. I've worked on it like a mad woman, and I think I've made a big mistake on it, but I'm not going to tell you what it is and see if you can guess when you see it. Actually, I know I made one mistake and have remedied that, but the other, P#1 will just have to live with. Her birthday party is Saturday, and I only have Thursday night to finish it. I'm keeping Princess #3 Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday, so no sewing then. I may have a contest to see who can figure out my mistake.

When I used to point out my sewing mistakes to my first husband's grandmother, she would say one of two things: 1. Who will notice on a galloping horse(she knew my children could never be still)? or 2. Who'll remember a hundred years from now? She was a wise woman.

Oh yes, and I did make Chickens in the Road's Pumpkin butter Saturday morning. It turned out pretty good, but I probably won't make it again unless someone gives me pumpkins. Plus that cooking and stirring takes too long for the amount you end up with. I'm thinking about making Sweet potato butter since I do have a box full of them, just to see what happens with that.

Someone brought two grocery bags of peppers--hot peppers to the breakroom here at work. If there's any left this afternoon, I may try some hot pepper jelly.

What mistake have you made lately that you are having to live with? Did you hold onto that stock just one more day and then the market crashed? Tell me about it. I won't judge.

For someone who has little to say, I've said quite enough.

Have a great Wednesday. Pray for our country. Attend Bible Study tonight, and most importantly, love one another.

PS. Add Robbin with two B's http://cedarchestofdreams.blogspot.com/ to your prayer list. She's courageously trying to finish up chemo, and needs all our help and support.

4 comments:

Robbin said...

Thank Shirley, for sure it's been rough. Today a little better. One day at a time, I'm getting there. One day I hope Cancer is treated with an easier thing. I pray for that because as hard as it has been this time, I know there are people who really suffer badly. One day I hope it will be easier. But for now prayers for all who have to go through it. And thank you for the sticky note still. Love you bunches!

Marge said...

Shirley, I was going to "ditto" your request for prayers for Robbin, and there she is, beating me to the comment section on your post! Please everyone, pray for Robbin's quick recovery and uneventful chemo coming up again.

And I haven't been to a good movie lately either, but I'm going to one next week! This is the weekend that "The Secret Life of Bees" is coming out. If it's half as good as the book, it will be wonderful!

I'm off to go camping in the morning.....see you next Monday.
Blessings on your weekend. ~marge

Lisa said...

Yes, you did seem to have a lot to say and that is why I hate it when you are gone for so long. You do have things of importance to say even if you think it is nothing, we still love hearing from you. I have given you an award if you will accept it, even if it is next week before you get to it. But with your thoughts for Robbin with 2 b's goes to show how big your heart is, what a good friend you are, and that is the little award, friendship. You are such a good person and I love reading your blog, please keep it and don't be a stranger!

IzzyBeth said...

Praying for Robbin. :-) And thanks for your long "say nothing" post. Hope you are well . . .

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*