Monday, October 27, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside

Does thinking about times, places, events and just about anything else trigger a line from a song? As I though about how cold it is here this morning, the line from a song immediately came to mind.

It is cold here this morning. We had a freeze warning last night. I don't know if it actually got that cold, but I did hear my heat kick on a time or two during the night. The temperature all around us is in the 30's, and the high is supposed to hit 64. A cold front now means put on more clothes where as a month or so ago it meant there might be a cool breeze for a change.

If you are going out today, be sure to at least put on a sweater. As for myself, I have a sinus infection(seems to be the story of my life)so I'm staying home today. I started on anti-biotics Friday, and hopefully, they'll kick in soon. The last one I had lasted almost 5 months, with at least that many rounds of medicine, and finally a trip to an ear nose and throat dr who put me on Leviquin for 3 weeks. I've felt pretty good all summer, but looks like it's going to start up again. I don't know if this is just something I'm prone to do, or if my resistance is low. I've also started on Ester-C and vitamins again. When I feel good, I tend to forget about them.

I think I'm going back to bed for a while.

Hope you are having a great Monday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

4 comments:

Marge said...

Guess what? It's cold here too... with high winds and freezing ice pellets blowing around in the "breeze"! I think it will shape up a bit later this morning, but I'm afraid fall is disappearing and winter is on it's way in.

I love living in Minnesota! Blessings on your week!

Lisa said...

I say,it is a little cold here as well. Right now it is 38. I have already gone out and fed my squirrels and birds, need to get them some fresh water too. And yes, so many things bring a song to my head/mind and I love it. I like this time of year when the weather is so cool, and cold enough for a fire, and then yet the days are nice enough to get out and do things with out a coat or getting too hot. I really do like this time of year.

Robbin said...

Hope you are feeling better Shirley, I have those blame sinus infections too and they will make you feel terrible.

Tammy Brierly said...

I have polups on both sides and my ENT said that unless you do a strong antibiotic like Cepro for one month it won't penetrate the whole infection. A week of Prednizone brings inflamation down quickly for me. A daily saline wash and nose spray help clear it all out.

Stay warm and feel better!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*