Thursday, March 05, 2009

My Day Has Gotten Off To A Bad Start

Yesterday was a good day. Worked, picked up Superhero, went to church, came home, got Superhero to bed, read a book, said prayers, and read to him from the novel I'm reading which bored him right to sleep.

About 2:30am, I woke with a start. Now I was sorta expecting to wake with reflux since I'd eaten Mexican for lunch and Red Beans and Rice for dinner, but noooooo, it wasn't reflux, it was a major(as in earth shaking)leg cramp. Not in the calf alone, it went all the way up the inside of my leg. I walked, which only seemed to make it worse, I stretched, which did little or no good. I took a potassium tablet, but knew it would take a while to take effect. All this had taken about an hour or maybe a bit longer.

Finally I remembered the leg cramp medicine the drugist has shown me, and I had bought. Little tiny white pills that you put under your tongue. You use two of them and can use as many as 6 in a day, but not recommended you use more. I put 4 under my tongue. Problem was, my mouth was dry and they wouldn't disolve, so I hobbled into the kitchen and got a drink of water and they melted. I managed to get back to the recliner, and the next thing I knew it was morning and I'd overslept. Superhero was still asleep too.

I got him up and while I got ready for work, he ate his breakfast, then I helped him get ready. I sent an email to my boss saying I'd be in as soon as possible, and managed to get to work by 8:30.

What a way to start the day. How did yours start? Hopefully better than mine.

Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

No comments:

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*