Saturday, March 07, 2009

Early To Rise---

I am an early riser in my old age. When I was growing up on the farm, we had to get up early to get things done, and to catch the school bus. Then after getting married and leaving the farm, I could occasionally sleep late, which was still early since I had a family to take care of.

Then after my children were grown and I took a job that took an hour to reach by 7:30 5 days a week for 10 years, my internal clock just naturally says 'get thee out of thy bed before dayspring'. So about 5:15, my eyes spring open and I get up.

That works pretty good through the week, but I'd really like to be a lay-about on Saturday morning, but it just doesn't happen. I got up this morning, and looking out my front door, I realized it's a good thing that I get up early on weekends. There was no traffic on the street. Everything was calm, and it was barely daylight. There was just a 'peace' about everything. Like the buzzer hadn't gone off to get everyone out and about.

Now on up in the moring, the tv is on, the washer is on, the dishwasher has been running and there is traffic on the street as well as walkers and joggers. The day has officially started, and it's time I get myself in high gear(although, I've not been lazy this morning), just have to get around.

I have a pageant to attend this afternoon, then my friends and I are going to eat at one of the Mexican restaurants and then go see Hairspray.

Hope you have a great Saturday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh here is to wishing you a wonderful day. Food, fun and friends. You are going to have a grate one!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*