Saturday, March 14, 2009

Greetings From The Rio Grande Valley

I arrived in Harlingen, Tx Thursday afternoon about 5:30. My wonderful friend Carolyn was waiting for me there. We came to her house where her husband, Bob, the dog and the smell of home cooked food greeted us.

We had a lovely time catching up and getting me settled in. Yesterday morning we decided to go to Matamorus, Mexico. It has been in the 50's here which is unusual and the Spring Breakers are hating it. And it was threatening rain, but we decided to make it to Garcias and do some shopping.

I had a list of some things to pick up and we got that out of the way. Then we ate in the restaurant there. They have wonderful pico de guio(spelling?). We had shrimp coctail, avacado salad and nachos with meat. What we couldn't eat, be brought home and finished off last night.

It is rather sad seeing what the problems with the drug people are doing to the flow of people there. The streets were almost empty, the restaurant was empty and there were few shoppers. Normally when we have gone there, you would be almost sholder to sholder on the street and have to wait to be seated to eat. Not the case at all yesterday. And we saw no spring breakers.

We parked in the garage at Garcias, and realized one of our tires was very low. When we came out, it seemed lower stil, so while the guards put air in it, I stepped out onto the street and took some pictues. When I get them uploaded, I'll post the best ones.

We are going this morning to get the tire repaired and then on to Neuvo Progresso, but first by to visit with some of Carolyn's friends that I have also come to love.

Hope you are having a great Saturday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

3 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

whoooo hoooo sound slike wonderful fun!!!!! continue having a blast and thanks for thinking of the blog world :)
HUgs Laura

Flea said...

Have fun in Texas! See, I wouldn't have been able to visit you anyway. :)

My daughter heads to Mexico on missions on Monday and all the talk is about safety. I know God will protect her, but I worry.

Lisa said...

I want to hear more about your trip. And I can't wait to see your pictures. I am in need of a trip. A day trip soon!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*