Thursday, April 02, 2009

Taste of Home Cooking Show

A group of us from work are going to the Taste of Home Cooking Show tonight. It's here on Campus, and we are going directly after work.

It has been here before, then it moved to another city nearby, but has come back here. A couple of girls have been before and they say it's fun. The doors open at 3 this afternoon, but the actual show begins at 7. We are going at 5. You go through and visit all the booths where they are demonstrating their products and giving free samples. Then at 7, you watch the demos. I think it will be lots of fun.

One of my friends here at work gets the Taste of Home Magazine, then at the end of the year, she gets all of them in book form. After she gets the book, she shares the magazines with me. It has some really good recipes in it.

We paid a total of $14 for our tickets, but they say you get a goodie bad at the door that has stuff in it worth about $60.

I'll let you know more about it tomorrow. I might even share some great cooking tips if I can remember them.

Have a great Thursday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

3 comments:

Al Malekovic said...

I could not find your email address. My name is Al Malekovic (al@countrybobs.com) and I represent a very, very small company called Country Bob's, Inc. We are making a great sauce called, "Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce" and we would like to get the word out about our product.
I know that blogs are a great way to get information to the general public. I conducted a google search for food blogs and your name came and after looking at your blog, I was wondering if you would be interested in trying my sauce and perhaps reviewing it for me.

If you send me your name and address via e-mail, I would gladly send you a recipe brochure along with two bottles of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce in hopes that you would write a review.

If you would like more information, I would be glad to respond to any questions you might have. In fact, if you are interested in interviewing me after you've sampled the product, I would gladly make myself available!

Thank you for your consideration. www.countrybobs.com I will also give you two two bottle give a ways and just email me the winners and we will mail out.

Mary Despain said...

The show is fun. I get first dibs at whatever is in your good bag! I mean before the sister or the brother for that matter!

Vintage Chicken said...

Oh Yummy - Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to hear about everything you had in your goody bag!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*