Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Princess #1 Has A Great Teacher!


Princess #1 enjoys school. She loves to read and learn. For this we are very thankful. We are also very much aware that she has a great teacher. P#1 is in first grade. She had a wonderful teacher last year for kindergarden too.
This year her teacher is going over and above what is required of her. The picture at the left is of my granddaughter working on a piece of embroidery. On days that it is raining or too cold to go outside, she takes the girls who want to learn, and they work on their projects. P#1 is working on a sitting dog. I don't know what the rest of the design is, but you can see she is working on a leg, and is doing a very nice job. I don't know if the teacher furnished the hoops, needles, cloth and designs or if the girls took some money to buy a kit she had put together for them.
Being a person who does all types of needlework, I am thrilled that she is working with them in this area. I think it will encourage these little ones to learn other types of handwork and crafts. So much of this seems to be a dieing art(You just don't see too many embroidered pillowcases and table scarves any more). I don't know what she plans to do with her finished project, but whatever it is, I will help with it if she wants me to. Don't guess you can tell that I'm a very proud Memaw.
Hope you are having a great day. Pray for those without power. Love one another.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your granddaughters are cute! My girls are 15 months apart and in 1st and Kindergarten. :) Sounds like she has a wonderful teacher. ;)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

THAT is the absolutely coolest thing... tell that teacher SHE IS AWESOME!!!!! I am 42 and just learning cross stitch because of my aunt who has been making quilts for ages and she made me two ONE patch work and one that is cross stitched... WOW what a teacher HOW COOL!
the grand daughters are lovely and i love hearing about their adventures :) way to go princesses! cant wait to see your finished projects!

Twisted Fencepost said...

What a great idea! I've never seen them teach that for play time at school. When I was in 4th grade a few of the girls in my class and I, fingerknitted during break and made our teacher a rug.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*