Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentines Day--Early!

Since I don't usually post on the weekends, I thought I'd wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day--early. I don't have a significant or insignificant(whichever the case may be) other, I don't get anything much for this day. My children usually buy for their persons of interest, but I just let it pass by. I think the kids were all having parties at school today, and will all come home with lots of Spiderman, Hanna Montana, Tinkerbell and Handy Manny valentines.

I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid, but we didn't have all the special valentines. Ours were just hearts that smiled, or ducks that smiled, or squirrels that smiled(you get my drift here)that said 'Be mine Valentine'. We decorated our boxes with crepe paper and cutout's. My mom was really good at helping us do that. Our boxes were usually red, and she would make hearts with cutouts like snowflakes and we would glue them to the box. I remember one time she made roses out of crepe paper. And my brothers and I proudly carried them to school only to bring them home filled with cards from our class. We always had cupcakes and cookies for our parties too. Those are good memories.

I hope you make some memories on Sunday, and that you have lots of good memories of Valentine Days past.

Have a great day today. Pray for those who won't get to enjoy valentines day. Love one another.

4 comments:

Debra said...

I had totally forgotten about those little boxes we used to decorate. It was such a sweet traditon! Sending a happy Valentine your way!

Marge said...

We worked so long and hard on those red crepe paper covered shoe boxes! White hearts and snowflakes....Oh they were fun! And the cards: the little cat saying "You're a purrrrfect valentine," the monkey saying "I just go ape for you," and the giraffe saying "I'd go to great heights for you." Such fun!

And a happy Valentines Day to you!

wood furniture said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and t your family! We used t decorate a lot during Valentine but we have totally forgotten about it.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I hope you had a nice and relaxing Valentine's Day!
I can also remember making large envelopes to hang in our classroom that would be filled with love.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*