Thursday, January 08, 2009

Virus, Virus Everywhere!

When we got to work this morning, we couldn't access the internet. Much of our work is done through network connections. So we were in a real pickle.

Evidently there was a virus that was sent out world wide. If you weren't hit, consider yourself lucky. It happened early last night, and our network gurus worked on it all night. We are finally back in business as of about noon eastern time.

We don't realize how dependant on the internet we've become. I not only couldn't work, I couldn't update my blog, I couldn't check my checking account balance, I couldn't look up an address I needed and I couldn't schedule a payment on a utility bill. Basically, I felt like my hands were tied behind me.

How could we possibly allow something like the internet to be so entwined in our lives? I can remember when we didn't even have the darn thing. How did we ever survive?

I can't even cook anymore without looking up a recipe online. And I certainly can't keep up with my new friends without it.

But if you had to choose between the internet and something else to which you really are attached(besides family), which would you choose?

Have a wonderful Thursday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

No comments:

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*