Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday Lunch

One Thursday a month, I eat lunch with the senior singles from our church. You have to be 55 or older to go, so we have people 55 and older. In fact, I think one lady is approaching 90.

We always have a good time. I have to eat and hurry back to work since I'm about the only one who has a job. The rest are pretty much retired, or self-employed. The lady who is nearly 90 has her own business, and works 6 days a week. I can't imagine that, but she is probably in better shape than I am.

Today we discussed taking a trip. We have a new bus at church that holds 32 people, and some are itching to use it. Since I work, I probably won't be taking too many trips. They are wanting to go to the Passion Play at Eureka Springs, or to Branson, Mo. I don't really have much desire to go to either place. I've been to Branson twice in the last 30 years, and that was one time too many.

I've never been to Eureka Springs, but I'm just not a passion play type of gal.

And I'm not really a stick in the mud, really I'm not.

Are you making any plans for a vacation in the near future? Is so, tell me where you are going. I need some fresh ideas. Or just tell me somewhere you've been that you think I should go--and the place that might freeze over is not an option.

Hope you are having a great Thursday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My youngest graduates this summer. We're not sure what she wants to do yet, but the husband and I would like to take her on a trip. Maybe Alaska?

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*