Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Copper Pennies!

Have you ever eaten Copper Pennies? They are sooooo good. Actually they aren't really copper nor are they pennies, discuss amongst yourselves.

Here is the recipe:

COPPER PENNY SALAD

2 lb. carrots, cleaned and sliced -- or baby carrots
1 lg. green pepper, diced
1 lg. onion, sliced
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can tomato soup
1/2 c. oil
3/4 c. vinegar
1 c. sugar or ½ cup splenda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
Boil sliced carrots for 10 minutes; drain. Put in bowl with green pepper, onion, and celery. Mix soup, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Marinate overnight.

This recipe came from www.cooks.com

Wish I had a picture, but it didn't last long enough.

Hope you are having a great day. Love one another.

2 comments:

Marge said...

Interesting recipe! I've never heard of copper pennies. I just may have to give it a try.

Let me say again that I'm so glad you are back, my friend!

Vintage Chicken said...

Oh my mother use to fix copper pennies - I have never known anyone else to fix this recipe.

It wasn't necessarily my favorite dish, but it's a nice change.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*