Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I Brought No Luck To The Cardinals!!

When we arrived at the ballpark on Saturday, they were doing a photo session with fans. We didn't get there in time for me to get on the field(the number was limited, but we got close enough to get some long(and I mean long)shots of my favorite player, Yadier Molina.
We took a few pictures, went to the Team Store and bought me a shirt, and made our way to our seats.
The rest of these pictures are taken of the stadium from our seats. We were in section 342 which lines up with first base. From where we were sitting, we had a straight line from first to second base.
We had a good view of everything. I missed seeing one play at first, but that was the fellow's head in front of me. I got to see Molina throw Brandon Phillips out at second base. I got to see Dennys Reyes pitch to a couple of batters. He's my favorite relief pitcher. Brenden Ryan played shortstop. He's one of my favorites too. I do miss Ryan Ludwick, but I guess that's all part of the game.
We had been listening on tv to the booing that was being done when Brandon Phillips came out to bat, and it was definitely loud, but it was nothing to how it sounded in person. They booed him every time he came out, and cheered when he missed a ball or was called out on strikes. When Molina threw him out at second, the crowd was on their feet cheering.

It was a fun day. I got to spend time with my brother and SIL, we got to see a good ballgame(even though we didn't win).

I hope you had a great Labor Day. Pray for those in need. Love one another.

1 comment:

Twisted Fencepost said...

I would love to go to a Cardinal's game. They're my favorite.
I got out of baseball for a long time, mostly because my husband is more into Nascar. But I happened to start watching again the year they won the World Series. Yay!
Right now I just don't have time to watch. But I will again.
Love those pics with the St. Louis Arch. I have been by there before. I want to go back and go up in the arch.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*