Friday, September 10, 2010

#@% BUGS

We were without electricity last night after the power station was hit by lightening. It went out about 8:15 last night, and didn't come back on until 7:40 this morning. Needless to say, I had to open the windows and try to get a cool breeze, which I was able to do.

However, the bugs singing outside my window were terribly annoying. They sang alllllll night long. Then there was the generators that keep the sewer pumping stations going down the street, and the one that keep the water pumping up the street.

Needless to say, I kinda like having to be closed up in my house with the a/c running so I can sleep--peacefully.

But I did think about what it would be like to be blind and have to get around all the time in the dark. How fortunate I am to have my sight.

I hope you have power today. Pray for those in the California gas explosion. Love one another.

1 comment:

Twisted Fencepost said...

They must be pretty loud bugs over there. LOL
I think that the locusts make the most noise. And they have been loud around here too. I can see where after awhile that it would get annoying.
I'm glad your power is back on and you are getting some peaceful sleep.
I think if I had to choose between my hearing and my sight that I would choose to keep my sight. I think I remember that Hellen Keller said she would choose hearing because being deaf is a lonely world.
It may be lonely but atleast I can see where I'm going!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*