Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Just Can't Seem to Make Myself Post!

I have been really bad about not posting lately(not that anyone has really noticed). Thing is that many of the blogs I normally read daily aren't posting much either.

It's not that I haven't had anything to post about lately, just don't seem to have the 'want to' to put things into print.

I've been pretty busy. I'm working on three sundresses for the granddaughters, I haven't finished the quilts for the girl's rooms yet(although they have been quilted), my Cardinals have lost the last three ballgames. I think they should come back home and stay away from the west coast.

The garden that my brother has been growing is beginning to have some veggies close to being ready. I did pick two squash the other night. They could have been a bit bigger, but I just couldn't stand it any longer, so I picked them. I slice them thinly, chopped up a shallot, and sauteed them in a little butter and olive oil. It only took a couple of minutes. I drained them on a paper towel, and they were delicious.

The grandchildren are now out of school. The girls are going to church day camp every day, and Superhero is helping his dad. By the way, if I haven't already told you, Superhero got the Math Award for his Kindergarden class. Princess #2 got a Respectful award in her Kindergarden class, and Princess #1 got the Math, Language, Spelling, Reading, and three other awards in her 1st grade class. About the only thing she didn't get was the perfect attendance award.

But best of all the Banty Hen hasn't been kicked out of her school. She will be three next week. She is a very smart little girl. She is also very head strong. I feel for the fellow who becomes her husband in about 20 years.

I hope that wherever you are, you are staying cool. Pray for our troops. Love one another.

2 comments:

Marge said...

Oh yes, I noticed! And I also think many bloggers aren't posting as often. My excuse is that I'm living in a campground and plugging my computer into my phone and I don't always have a good cell signal. Is that a good excuse? I've been wondering if you finished the quilts yet. You must show us!

Blessings,
Marge

Twisted Fencepost said...

I have the want to, I just don't have the time.
Congratulations to the grandkids! I know you are a proud Grandma.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*