Monday, July 31, 2006

Why I Decided to Build a Blog

I decided to build a blog so I could remember the things I may someday want to tell my children or grandchildren. One of my favorite sayings is: 'A mind is a terrible thing to lose', and that just about sums it up for me. I try not to ever pass along information about someone or something, because there's a really good chance that I can't remember it correctly. I've decided in my old age(57) that there are plenty enough people who can repeat the latest talk without my help. And I don't have to apologize for things I haven't said. Believe me, I've done my share of that.

You may be wondering where the Memaw Bakes comes from. My son and daughter-in-law read to my 2 year old grandson each night before he goes to bed. One book in particular that he likes has a page that says, 'I like to go to Memaw's house' and you turn the page and a lady in an apron is opening the oven where a pie is pictured and says, 'because Memaw Bakes'. After they read this to him a few times, he began calling me Memaw Bakes. --As long as he calle me something, I'm fine with that.--

No comments:

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*