Monday, April 05, 2010

Superhero and his Turkey!


My grandson is 6. His dad told him when he was little, that when he was 6, he could start hunting with him. He was allowed to go on the youth deer hunt back in the winter, and this weekend was the youth hunt for turkey season.

His dad got him up about 3:30 Saturday morning, and off they went. I don't know how long they were in the woods before getting this turkey, but they bagged it, took it to the local newspaper, had this picture made and were home by lunch.

They went back again Sunday morning, but all they got was hot and tired. However, Superhero is quite pleased with his first turkey, and says he's having it mounted and hung right over his bed. I didn't hear his mother concur with that, so I guess we'll see what position it has in his room. For now, it's in the freezer waiting to be stuffed.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. The weather was absolutely beautiful yesterday. Pray for those who are lost. He is risen. Love one another.

1 comment:

Mary Despain said...

I don't know how much that turkey weighs but the way it's positioned in the picture, it looks like it's bigger than Ivan.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*