Friday, April 09, 2010

Beautiful Dogwoods

I love dogwoods. I think they are the most beautiful flowering tree we have. I also love redbuds, but they aren't as graceful and meaningful as are the dogwoods. I have given some thought to driving around town and taking pictures of all the dogwoods that are blooming. However, I might get hauled away by the men in white coats for trespassing on people's property. My neighbor has two trees in his yard, and there's another a few houses on up the street.
I planted 3 dogwoods a few years ago. One promptly died, another died but came back the following year only to be crushed when the pine trees were cut. I have one small tree left. It has about 20 blooms on it, and it is a red dogwood like the one pictured here. We don't see too many of them in our area, and I don't know if they are naturally red, or if they have been crossed with something to make them red.

It's a beautiful day outside, and promises to be a beautiful weekend. I hope to get out and enjoy at least some of it.

I hope you are having a great day and looking forward to a wonderful weekend. Continue to pray for the Miners and their families. Love one another.

2 comments:

Will said...

My 7th grade Science teacher, Mr. Morgan, made us a salad using the buds from a Redbud tree, and it was really tasty. I provided the redbuds because we backed up to a greenbelt. I've never forgotten that. He also fried dandelion blossoms and made sasafrass rootbeer from a root he dug up. That kind of stuff will leave an impression!

Flea said...

We have pink dogwood all over Tulsa and I love them!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*