Monday, May 23, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

We here in the mid south(namely Arkansas) continue to have rain. Along with that rain comes thunder, lightening, sometimes hail and tornados. It stormed about every hour last night, nothing major, just enough to wake me from my needed rest.

I'm not complaining mind you, I still have a roof over my head, unlike those unfortunate folks in Joplin, Mo, and other places. My heart hurts for them, especially those who lost loved ones.

As I looked at the pictures on the internet of the destruction, the 1968 tornado came to my mind. It was also a troublesome year for bad weather, and a good piece of Jonesboro was stripped from it's earthly bearings. 35 lives were lost, many severly injured. I very well remember all the chaos during that time. It's been 43 years since that tornado had it's way with Jonesboro, and if you drive through those areas now, you see very little to remind you of what happened that night in mid May, but it is still very vivid in the minds of those who lived through it.

Please remember all those who have been affected by these storms.

Hope you have a good day. Love each other.

2 comments:

Laura~peach~ said...

i drove thought jonesboro in early march wish i had known how close i was to you then i would have loved to stopped and seen you...

Marge said...

Welcome back, my friend! I've missed you!

The tornadoes are going to be bad this year, I think. Minneapolis was hit last night, too. So far only 2 fatalities, so not as devastating as the Joplin one. So scary.

Blessings, and I hope you stay around!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*