Monday, August 31, 2009

Blue Monday

I think today is Blue Monday. Actually, I think it has been a blue few weeks. I'm in one of those periods where I don't care if I talk to anyone, I don't seem to be able to do anything. I would be quite content to just sit and stare off into space.

This happens occasionally with me. Sometimes it worse than others. I will interact with others as long as they are the ones to instigate it. But, I'm perfectly happy to be alone. I don't even have anything much to say and it is definitely difficult to do this post. In fact, if it weren't that at some point in the next few days, my oldest daughter would comment about my not posting, I probably wouldn't be doing this one.

I will get better, or something will happen in my life worth posting about. Maybe that's it, there's just nothing going on in my life worth even talking about. Hmmm. So there's nothing wrong with me at all. I'm just a dull, boring person. It's so wonderful to be able to figure out the answers to life's little questions. I suddenly feel so enlightened!

Hope you are having a great Monday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

7 comments:

Vintage Chicken said...

You are NOT alone! I have days...weeks...months... that I feel like I'm going through the motions.

The last few weeks, I've realized that I have to put myself out there to change my disposition. If I wouldn't usually go somewhere or speak to someone, I make myself! It's working - to some extent - but if the truth were told there are days that getting out of bed is almost more than I can handle.

You'll get through it! The seasons are changing and the cooler temps will prompt you to get up and get active again!

In the meantime -- lots of ((HUGS))!

StitchinByTheLake said...

When I feel like that I find what helps me is to pick a project, any project and start on it. Even if it doesn't seem like I want to do it I just start. It might be organizing my recipes, or cleaning out an old closet of stuff, or painting a room, or making new curtains for a window that doesn't realy need them. It helps me. blessings, marlene

Debra said...

So sorry your feeling down. Hopefully, you'll feel back up to speed in a few days. I've also gone through periods like that. Sometimes don't know what brings these times on or why they end. I know you are thankful as am I , that we have a Saviour we can lean on and depend on. Blessings, and take care.

Marge said...

I am sorry you are struggling right now. Hopefully it will pass quickly. I know what down times are like, so I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Know that you have many friends who will support you and will wait for you until you are back to your old self and ready to tackle life again.

Blessings today and always.

Brenda S Okie in Colorado said...

No way are you dull or boring. Do you think we would be here if you were? You are a wondeful lady just having a bad day. Call a friend and take a road trip, think about that georgeous and talented little gal that sings in the bathtub, think how lucky you are to be one of God's Children.
Cheer up, we love you! And consider yourself hugged.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I have those days/weeks, too. Somedays I care, some not. But they always go away and I am encouraged to get up and at it again.
Here's another hug for you!

Tipper said...

I have those blue moments too-when I can't really place my finger on anything thats wrong-but I can't shake the blue feeling either.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*