Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Outside My Window!

What's going on outside your window today? Here in good old NE Arkansas, it's raining. It's been raining since sometime last night, and is supposed to rain most of tonight. It's that cold rain with big drops that might have a little ice in it later.

We had a heavy frost yesterday morning. When I first went outside, I though it had snowed, then I realized it was just frost. But is was really pretty.

It's that chili weather that makes you want to stay inside by the fire with a blanket wrapped around you with a good book and time to take a nap. But alas, I'm not in front of the fire, wrapped up warm and I certainly can't take a nap. At least my boss wouldn't appreciate it if I were snoring and distrubing other workers down the hall.

The radio station that I listen to at work is playing only Christmas songs right now, and some of them I'm a little tired of, but others I can listen to all day. They are playing a lot of songs by the Carpenters. Karen sure had a wonderful voice. Occasionally they throw in one by Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby or Dean Martin. The oldies are certainly goodies, but my new favorite is the one that Faith Hill sings and it is in the Grinch. It's called 'Where Are You Christmas' and it's just so pretty, least in my book that is.

My friend has a new grandson. He came into this world weighing 10' 10". I think they are going to let him drive home. What what I can hear, they are all doing well. Congratulations Mona.

I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

2 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

THUD... and i thought martha jean at 9'10 was big... she came out holding her head up ... and I had her naturally... I am still not right LOL..

Laura ~Peach~ said...

oh and congrats to your friend!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*