Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Thoughts on Wednesday

I seem to have a hard time keeping my thoughts together lately. I still think it's the ice storm and the aftermath, and now having the threat of severe weather last night had sent me into some kind of tailspin. I've never been afraid of storms, I don't jump into storm cellars, and I don't get scared. I don't think I was as worried about the storm as the possiblility of being without power again.

I know, you are saying, 'get over it', and I think I'm doing that. My anxiety levels have gone down several notches. A little xanax helped with that also.

My heart goes out to all those people who are still without power and now to those who were victims of the storms in Texas and Oklahoma yesterday and last night. At least the houses are still standing in this area. I think I would need a straight jacket if I had to attempt to gather my belongings from a destroyed house.

My sweet son, aka the Contractor, is doing all he can to calm my fears. He is locating a ventless, gas heater for my house, so in the event this happens again, I can stay warm in my house. He says it will also be good to use in the place of the central unit because it will be more energy efficient.

The church with which I worship is feeding about 350 of the utility workers who have been so kind as to come work in the difficult conditions for the last few weeks and who will continue to be away from their families for a few more weeks. I am on the list for potato salad, and even though I could make it, I took the lazy way out and bought 3 5lb containers from Sams today at lunch.

I hope you are holding things together better than I seem to be lately. Have a great Wednesday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my dear friend, I hope you continue to find peace and get your life back on track. It is very unnerving when you go through something like that. I have been concerned since I have not heard from you in quite a while. Now I feel better knowing you are ok. I am fixing chicken and noodles for dinner, it is good for what ails you. so I hope you will feel better by MY eating a helping for YOU.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

and you know what.... sams has a darn good potato salad and they will eat it and be thankful that you cared enough to go pick it up for them.
Been thinking of you as well and hoping all is well the weather has been scarey all over (worse in places of course ) but still concernd. hugs and prayers
Laura

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*