Friday, August 11, 2006

Phone Call from Will

About 8:30 last night my phone rang. I didn't look to see who it was, but was quite pleasntly surprised to hear Will's voice on the other end. He was giggling and laughing and was in the best mood. We talked about all sorts of things. He wanted to know what we were going to do this weekend, and when the girls would be at the house. He said he was spending both Friday and Saturday nights at the house. And said he would be happy to sleep on the couch so Jeremy and Tara could have his bed.

He talked about recording The Blues Brothers movie. He's bringing it to the house to watch. We'll probably do that tonight. He wasn't sure if Tara would let Riley and Maddie watch it, since it has a few 'cuss' words in it. I told him we would have to ask.

After we hung up, I just sat and thought about how happy he sounded. I know he's glad to be home from his dad's house. He really loves his dad, but I think he missed his mom too. He brought back a picture of his great great grandfather on his dad's side of the family. It's a grainy photo of him in his WWI attire. It's amazing how much Will's dad looks like his ancestors. It actually looks like Richard dressed up as a dough boy.

No comments:

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*