Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I Have to Brag

My middle grandson is 11 going on 12. He is in 6th grade and says he hates school. We take that statement with a grain of salt because he says that about everything, and says it with a smile on his face.

He brought home his report card last week and had A's in all his classes except one and that was a B in Language. His mother told me she grounded him because of it, but she was only teasing. He is a very smart kid. We think he gets that from his father, cuz ain't nun of unins to brite.

Anyway, I called him when he got home from school and asked him if I could take him out to dinner for his good grades, and he said yes. We went to the Brick Oven which I have decided makes the best pizza in the whole world.

He's growing up on us, and it won't be many more years before he doesn't have time for us old folks, so I'm trying to take advantage of every opportunity to spend time with him. When he was a baby, he came and spent the weekend with me a lot. He doesn't do that any more, so I just get to see him at church or other special occasions. He always sits by me, and usually puts his head on my shoulder and tells me I'm comfy. I love it.

His birthday is the 16th of this month, and unbeknownst to him, I've ordered both he and his dad Cub's shirts. His dad is taking him to a Cub's game toward the end of the month, and I thought it would be nice if they both had shirts.

Are you as proud of your grandchildren as I am of mine? They are all very special.

Hope you are having a great Tuesday. Pray for our country. Love one another.

3 comments:

Vintage Chicken said...

You are such an awesome grandmother!

Tara Smith said...

A Cardinals shirt would've been much nicer.

Mary Despain said...

My genius son made 110% on his social studies test today. Tara you need to remember he's already picking out a place to bury you.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*