Thursday, April 03, 2008

More Memories of My Childhood.


I don't remember taking this picture, but I think I was only 2 or 3 years old. This picture of my brother and me are one of several I've run across. When my mother helped in the field, we stayed with our grandmother. The house in the background is hers.

My hair was and still is very straight. But my mother always attempted to put curl in it. The best I can tell, I have some type of curlers in my hair. By the time I was in the second grade, mother was giving me home perms.

I've always thought it was interesting that my brother was holding that poor cat. Doesn't it look like it is right where it wants to be? Notice there is no grass. I remember my dad talking about having to scrape the yard. I guess is was cheaper than buying a mower of some type.

My mother took a lot of photos. She had one of those little Kodak box cameras. And she was thoughtful about grabbing it when anything was going on. I didn't inherit her ability to take good pictures, but fortunately my daughter #2 did.

Who was your family photographer? Did you have lots of photos taken of you as a child? Do you like to take pictures? I have to know this about you?

In the meantime, have a happy Thursday. Do something silly. Make someone laugh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out who Uncle Larry looks like in that photo.

Mary Despain said...

I can see Maddie in the picture of you mom! She looks like you, acts like Will and LLLOOOOOVVVVEEEEESSSS her Aunt M. She is a wonderful little Moonshine! Tara, I'm laughing that you have a child that is remotely like Will.

Lisa said...

Those pictures remind me of my brother and myself at that very age. How funny!!! If I can find some (like I can find anything since I have moved!) I will post them as well. I love your stories, and can't wait to get my newly won tea towels!!!

Robbin said...

Your post made me laugh Shirley, as my mother also had the desire to have a curly haired daughter. My hair was straight as a board and she chased me around the house when I was only three to give me a home perm.

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*