Sunday, April 27, 2008

Late Sunday Afternoon Post


It's late on Sunday afternoon. So I took a nap already. Don't hold it against me. It's one of those cloudy gonna rain days. But I did manage to get out and get this shot of my Clematis before it started raining.

For years I tried growing these flowers. I think they are just beautiful, whatever color they are, but I was about to give up on them when I had a conversation with a lady who grows them beautifully.

Her advice was to keep their feet cool. I told her I watered them a lot, but she said they needed their roots to be hidden well from the heat and sun. So I took her adivce. I planted this one. Covered it's roots with plenty of soil, mulch and I think I even put a couple of stones at the base, and sure enough, it grew. I had trouble getting it to climb the wrought iron post, but some fishing line helped that problem. I think it is gorgeous.

Tell me about something you had a hard time growing. Flowers, garden veggies, kids, anything. I love knowing all about you.

PS. I made that superhero cape yesterday.

Have a blessed Sunday. Do something silly. Make someone laugh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo! Some of Pioneer Woman's photoshop actions would be great on it, too...haha.

I tried to take a nap but the Cardinals game was on and there was a fight and the roaring crowd woke me up.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I could plant those to climb the post of the deck at my new house.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

I have a hard time growing a weed free yard...

Marcie said...

I love those clematis. Their pink and white tones are so sweet, and similar in color to the rose on linda's blog (who participated in my sunday stroll.) I grow clematis and while each individual bloom is pretty, the plants don't really thrive. Looks like you're doing something right with this one!

*/code I added/* */ code I added/*